Monday, March 29, 2010

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

I saw a recipe on Mennonite Girls Can Cook a while ago and then I found another version on For the Love of Cooking, so I combined the two and got this recipe! A was a bit disappointed I didn't make "baby" muffins, but he told me last time not to make them, so I can't win in his 3 year old mind!

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup applesauce
1/2 scant cup white sugar
1/2 scant cup brown sugar
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 egg

Preheat oven to 350. Place bananas in stand mixer and mix until mashed. Add in sugars, applesauce, and egg. Mixed until combined.  Add in dry ingredients. Stir to combine, fold in chips. Place in prepared muffin tins and bake for 18-20 mins until toothpick is inserted and comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment