Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Parmesan Crusted Chicken and Creamy Herb Rice

I have been wanting to make this recipe all month and I finally got to it last night...well it got started last night! I had just put it in the oven when my mom called, so it got pulled out and then we had to bring her my car, so needless to say it didn't get eaten.

But I did have it for lunch! I was looking for a recipe without using breadcrumbs, I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted too do, just wasn't sure it was going to work. I finally found one on myrecipes.com.

Parmesan Crusted Chicken-Myrecipes.com
1 lb chicken breast, butterflied, cut into pieces
1 8 oz pkg shredded parmesan cheese
dijion mustard

Place chicken in greased baking sheet. Coat one side with mustard(i used my silicone brush) and press cheese on top, flip and do the same thing to the other side. Place in 475 oven for 15 mins(just watch that it doesn't burn.)

**I ended up taking the chicken out of the baking pan and pan fried it so the cheese was crunchy and brown. I know I didn't leave it in long enough in the oven so perhaps if I left it in longer it would have gotten brown and crunchy. It did have a pretty good flavor. Next time I'll just do it on the stove. You want to make sure your chicken is cut pretty thin so you don't burn the cheese. Overall it was pretty tasty! The dijon was not overpowering at all.

I needed something to go with the chicken and I wanted to try creamy parm. noodles but knew I only had a half a bag of noodles, so I went with the rice.

Creamy Herb Rice
2 cups of brown rice
4 cups water
1 veggie bouillon cube(or 2 chicken or beef ones)
4 oz reduced fat cream cheese,softened
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
2 tbsp dry basil
2 tsp minced garlic(or to your liking)
milk

In rice cooker, add in rice, water, and bouillon cube(s). Set to cook. Once rice is cooked, stir and add in cream cheese, basil, parm, and garlic. *You can put the garlic right in with the rice/water. Put lid back on to give cheese time to melt. Stir. Add in milk until you reach a creamy consistency.

*You can also do this without a rice cooker. Dump rice, water, bouillon in pan on stove. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 mins until rice is done. Then follow the rest of the directions.

**K and I really liked this. I of course held out hope that Q would like it and even used his milk so he could have it. I'm not sure who this kid belongs too but he does not like pasta or rice....

No comments:

Post a Comment