Friday, September 10, 2010

Patty Melts

I've never actually HAD a patty melt, but 2 blogs in the same week posted them so I went along with it! They were fairly easy to make, just next time I will have to try a different bread, the homemade bread I made didn't do well with them...it was too thick and the taste was off.

**Sorry for the lack of posts...internet has not been friendly to us lately!

Patty Melts-shared from Newlyweds
1 lb ground meat(I used turkey)
1 onion (1/2 shredded, 1/2 sliced)
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 dashes of Worcestershire
8 slices of bread
8 slices of cheese
butter

Mix together meat, egg, onion, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce. Form into 4-6 thin patties. Cook on griddle until cooked through. Take off and keep warm. Place remaining onion on griddle and dash with Worcestershire sauce. Cook until softened. Remove.

Butter bread. Place on griddle with butter side down, add one slice of cheese, burger, onion, another slice of cheese and another piece of bread butter side up. Cook until cheese is melted, flip and continue cooking until side is browned. Cut in half and enjoy!

**Other than the bread not being that great, we did really like them. I'm sure they would taste even better if they were made with beef than turkey, but its what I had so that's what I did. Next time we will used different bread and try it with beef! It was a pretty quick and simple dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment