Saturday, November 5, 2011

Creamy Quinoa Primavera

 I had never had Quinoa before, but I hear that it's delicious and I finally found a decent price on it! It is a complete protein, so it's very filling!

Creamy Quinoa Primavera-Let's Dish
1.5 cups uncooked Quinoa
3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
4 oz cream cheese
1 tsp dried basil
1 tbsp butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
5 cups thinly sliced or bite size pieces of vegtables(I used thawed broccoli)
3 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
*milk

Rinse quinoa throughly and drain. Cook quinoa in broth according the the package directions. **I actually did use my pampered chef microwave rice cooker and it worked out wonderfully!

Melt butter in small sauce pan. Cook garlic in butter until golden, add in veggies and cook just until crisp tender. Stir in cream cheese, basil, and quinoa. Sprinkle with cheese. *I found it to be a bit dry, so I stirred in some milk until it was the way I wanted it to be.

**I did end up doubling this recipe, but used some brown rice as I didn't have enough quinoa. I was being quite brave to try something new on people, but it was a HIT!! Everyone raved about it and loved it! It was even tasty as leftovers! I can't wait to try another recipe with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment