Saturday, August 20, 2011

Nutella Muffins

I love Nutella...and my boys call it chocolate peanut butter. I KNOW if I called it by the real name they wouldn't touch it, but then again it would mean more for me! So I went on a hunt for a sale on it and finally found one so I could try out these muffins!

Nutella Muffins-adapted from Eat At Home
2 cups flour(1/2 whole wheat was used)
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking powder
1 stick butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla
nutella

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare muffin tins with liners or lightly greased.
Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt.
Cream together butter and sugar. Mix in milk, vanilla, and eggs. Add in dry ingredients and stir well to combine.

Place about 1 tbsp of batter in the bottom of the muffin tins. Place 1 tbsp(or so) of nutella, cover with more muffin batter and spread to conceal it. Place in oven and bake for 15-20 mins or until they are done.

**These look like a simply muffin, but the ribbon...or glob of nutella really lends a lot of flavor to this muffin. The boys enjoyed them. Next time I think I will swirl the nutella in so the flavor is spread out more!

No comments:

Post a Comment