Saturday, August 13, 2011

Watermelon Muffins

I made these quite a while ago...and completely forgot to share them! The idea intrigued me and I wanted to make sure I got the recipe up while watermelon is still in season! She also has some watermelon cupcakes on her blog too that I haven't tried yet, but I bet they would be tasty!

It has been so long since I've made them I can't remember if I altered anything so here is the original!

Watermelon Muffins-shared from From Apples 2 Zucchini
1 1/2 cups flour
2/3 cup sugar
3 tbsp oil
1 cup watermelon pulp*
1/2 cup watermelon juice
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 egg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix all ingredients together until just moistened. Divide into muffin pan and bake for 15-20 mins. They are done when a toothpick inserted in them comes out clean.

*To get watermelon pulp takes a bit of work and time. You must first cut your watermelon up and then place it on a towel. Squeeze the watermelon until all the juice is out of it, or what you can get out of it. I didn't do this very well but none the less it still made tasty muffins!

***These were incredibly moist and pink! I loved that they were pink! My watermelon was a bit chunky so next time I'll chop it up finer. I do wonder if it would have the same effect if it was just pureed...something to think about for next summer! I loved the flavor as it was unique!

No comments:

Post a Comment