Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Cake Batter Waffles

 I think this will definitely be a new tradition in our house for birthdays!! I meant to get a vanilla cake mix because K doesn't like chocolate in the morning...but then I remembered it was MY birthday and not his, and I LOVE chocolate cake! This is quite simple to make and delicious!

Cake Batter Waffles-found on pinterest
cake mix
extra ingredients needed found on cake mix box(i did use applesauce instead of oil)
Toppings: homemade whipped cream, ice cream, sprinkles(we had whipped cream)

Preheat waffle maker. Make cake mix as directed on package.  Laddle onto hot griddle and cook according to waffle maker's directions.

Serve waffles with a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream and sprinkled with some festive sprinkles!

**These were delicious and I loved how easy they were! They also made for a fun birthday breakfast! Next time I may try a homemade batter, I was just trying to keep it low key!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun idea!! It'd be great to make sundaes on top of these cake waffles, too. So many ideas now! Thanks for sharing these Heather!

    ReplyDelete