Friday, October 14, 2011

Cottage Cheese Waffles

 I recently met with a health coach to help tweak my diet in hopes that it will help me to loose weight. Her answer to me was that I needed to eat more protein! While I eat pretty healthy I wasn't eating enough protein so she uped it...a lot! Something I'm really struggling with but I'm still working on it! I of course LOVE waffles and pancakes and still want to enjoy these with my family for Saturday morning breakfast. I went looking for high protein recipes and found this one...of course it was originally for pancakes, so after talking to my friend Hallee she helped me convert it for waffles.

Thanks for the new waffle maker by the way mom!

Cottage Cheese Waffles-Whole Foods
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 tbsp oil
4 eggs
1 cup cottage cheese(I used the whipped kind)
1/2 cup milk
vanilla extract(I think I used 1-2 tsp)

Preheat waffler. Spray with oil if needed.
Whisk together wet ingredients. Stir together dry ingredients and fold them into the wet ones. Scoop batter onto waffle plates and cook according to waffle maker directions.

**These are a VERY moist waffle so after the first one came out I cooked them a bit longer. This allowed them to be crispy on the outside and moist and fluffy on the inside. The boys ate them and love them. They had NO clue there was "cheese" in them. We liked the flavor as well and I was glad I added in some vanilla otherwise they'd be very plain tasting.

1 comment:

  1. I know I need to eat more protein as well...the hubby is always tell me that! Waffles look great!

    ReplyDelete