Sunday, May 15, 2011

Dark Chocolate Blueberry Muffins

I finally found some Special Dark Cocoa Powder at the store one week...I even paid the OUTRAGEOUS price for it. Now I LOVE the stuff...so that means I am going to have to find a good deal on it soon! I made these muffins and they were DELICIOUS!

I also made it twice in one week...once as muffins and again as bread for a Mother's Day dessert!

Dark Chocolate Blueberry Muffins(or bread)-shared from How Sweet It Is
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup ap flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp dark cocoa powder
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup milk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup blueberries
1/4-1/2 cup chocolate chips(I used semi sweet)
raw sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare muffin tins or loaf pan.

Mix together the dry ingredients. Stir in butter, egg, vanilla, and milk. Fold in blueberries and chocolate chips. Scoop into muffin tins or loaf pan. Sprinkle with raw sugar. Bake for 13-16 mins until cooked through(for muffins) or about 45 mins for bread.(Watch this, I didn't pay attention to how long I cooked it for, so it's a guess!)

**These were delicious! I think they are my favorite muffin at the moment! I do love me some chocolate and having the blueberries in them add a great contrast to the chocolate flavor! I didn't sprinkle the bread with a touch of sugar, but wished I had, I love the crunch it adds to it!

1 comment:

  1. Never thought of putting fruit in a dark chocolate batter...great idea!

    ReplyDelete