Friday, May 20, 2011

Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies

I found a couple of good deals on "more natural" oreos this past weekend! Can't beat 75 cents and 99 cents. Problem is my boys want to eat them constantly...even if some were for vacation! I decided to try one of the many oreo recipes I keep finding and it's raining so it was perfect cookie making weather!

I did double the recipe and cut back the sugar! This is my version!

Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies-adapted from Picky Palate
2 sticks butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups wheat flour
1 cup white flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
about 8-10 oreos(I used Back to Nature brand, feel free to use more if you want), broken into quarters

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cream together butter and sugars, add in one egg at a time and beat until combined. Add in vanilla and mix to combine. Add in dry ingredients and mix until combined. Fold in chocolate chips and oreo pieces. Scoop out with scoop and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 mins until edges are browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment