Thursday, June 16, 2011

CHocolate Hummus

I found this one day on Debbi Does Dinner Healthy...I was intrigued by it but hadn't made it yet. Then my friend Lori, over at Teacher Turned Mommy made it and RAVED about it. So seen as I had extra chick peas I decided to give it a try. I know it sounds odd...but PLEASE try it! I'm glad I did...it didn't disappoint me at all!


Chocolate Hummus-shared from Teacher Turned Mommy
2 cups chick peas
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup cocoa powder(I used special Dark)
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
2-4 tbsp warm water

Place ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. You may have to add a bit more oil to get it to the consistency you like!

**This was SO GOOD! Lori suggested it with pretzels or cinnamon tortilla chips, but I tried it with fruit and it was a delicious! I'm highly addicted and definitely quences my chocolate craving! I did tell my boys that it was "chocolate pudding" because I knew if I called it hummus I'd get the "I don't like hummus". Q did like it, A didn't care for it. I think I need to get it smoother for next time though!

No comments:

Post a Comment