Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Crispy Margarita Chicken Tacos with Avocado and Strawberries

I stumbled upon this recipe one night and it sounded delicious! I ended up changing it around a bit as we are headed off to vacation soon and my lack of planning resulted in me not having some of the stuff on hand for the salsa. This way was delicious, but feel free to also make the salsa if you wish! I also am not a fan of chunks of avocado, so they were mashed!

I would have had more strawberries for the meal too if I didn't have 2 red faced strawberry steelers!

Crispy Margarita Chicken Tacos w/Avocado and Strawberries-adapted from How Sweet It Is
1 lb chicken tenderloins
1/3 cup white tequila(about 2 nips)
zest and juice of 3 limes,divided
2 tsp coriander, divided
1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 avocado
strawberries, diced
salt and pepper
corn or flour tortillas

Mix together half of lime zest, tequila, and 1/2 the lime juice, add in chicken and allow to marinate for about 2 hours.

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Mix together panko, rest of the lime zest, flour, and coriander together. Dip chicken in breading and press onto chicken to get it to stick. Place on greased baking sheet and bake for 10 mins, flip and bake for another 10 mins or until cooked through.

Mash avocado and mix with lime juice, salt, and pepper. Spread onto tortillas, top with chicken and sprinkle with strawberries. Fold in half, eat and enjoy!

**These were a delicious summer time dinner!  I loved the tart of the limes with the sweetness of the strawberries along with the creaminess of the avocado. I did use corn tortillas, but next time I will fry them in a bit of oil to add in some more texture! You can follow the link to actually MAKE the salsa, I'm just not a chuck of avocado fan...or raw onions so I changed it a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment