Monday, July 19, 2010

3 Cheese Garlic Chicken Pasta

I stumbled upon this recipe while reading menu plans a couple weeks ago. It sounds delicous and something I know K and I will enjoy...A might like it because it is similar to mac and cheese and Q well for some reason doesn't like pasta, so I'll leave some chicken and cheese aside for him.

3 Cheese Garlic Chicken Pasta- from Heavenly Homemakers
2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 tbsp olive oil
3 oz cream cheese
3 cups milk
3 tbsp butter(omitted)
1/4-1/2 grated parmesan cheese
1/2-1 cup shredded cheese
2 1/2 cups whole wheat pasta

Saute chicken and garlic in olive oil. Reduce heat to keep warm. Add milk and pasta to pot and bring to a boil, stir constantly while pasta is tender and milk is thickened. Add in cream cheese, cheddar, and parm cheese. Stir until melted. Add in chicken and garlic, stir to combine.

**Yes I added broccoli...and green beans. I added more milk and more macaroni, but the measurements had to have been off because it was still very saucy so in went the veggies. K really liked it...It was probably the best mac and cheese I've ever been able to make and no roux was needed! For some reason with 2 cloves of garlic we had NO garlic flavor...so I will definitely bump up the amount next time. It could have been the garlic I had....

1 comment:

  1. this looks really good! I might try it with tuna. I've been looking for an alternative to traditional tuna noodle casserole.

    ReplyDelete