Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Beef "Bucchini" aka Cheeseburger Zucchini Boats

I made these for lunch today and apparently K had some tongue tie issues when trying to say what they were so, they have a new name now! I decided to spice them up a little and used my cheeseburger rice recipe I had to fill the boats. You can of course keep it simple and do it Laura's way!

Beef Bucchini-adapted from Heavenly Homemakers
1 lb ground beef
1 onion, diced small
1/2 cup ketchup(approx)
1/4 cup mustard(approx)
1 cup cooked rice
1/2 cup shredded cheese
4 zucchini

Brown beef and onion until no longer pink, drain. Add in mustard, ketchup, rice, and cheese. Stir until combined and cheese melts. Cut zucchini in half and scoop out insides of squash. Fill with meat mixture. Place on grill and cook on low for 10-15 mins until zucchini is cooked through. Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired. **Next time I will put the zucchini on first and then fill it. The filling got a little browner...

**These were very tasty and easy on a very hot day! I did measure the ketchup/mustard by taste so feel free to adjust to you liking! The bottom of the zucchini did get a little crispy, but that was more my fault for doing more than one thing at a time! Once I peeled the skin off they were delicious!! You can also parboil them and broil them instead of grilling them...but in 90+ weather I wasn't turning the oven on!



No comments:

Post a Comment