Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Creamy Chicken Ranch Enchiladas

I recently found a new blog to follow...and found quite a few new tasty recipes to try! This one I found on Jenn's Food Journey and because I am cooking from the pantry this week I had everything on hand! I did add in some broccoli as I only had 2 chicken breast and wanted to bump up the nutrition....and K will like it better because its IN something!

Creamy Chicken Ranch Enchiladas-adapted from Jenn's Food Journey
2-4 chicken breast, cooked, sliced or shredded
1 cup ranch dressing
1 cup plain yogurt
1 head broccoli, finely chopped
1-2 jalepeno peppers, deseeded, finely chopped
1/2 cup shredded cheese
6-8 tortillas
1 roma tomato, chopped

Mix together ranch and yogurt. Divide in half and mix with chicken, broccoli, and jalepeno. Place mixture down the center of tortillas and roll. Place seam side down in 9X11 baking dish. Continue until all filling is used. Place remaining dressing mix over the tortillas and sprinkle with cheese and tomatoes. Bake at 375 for 25 mins.

*I choose to use the yogurt because as I was reading Jenn's review she said it was very rich, plus this is what I had on hand. The filling was delicious and it worked out perfectly! I used 2 small peppers fresh from the garden. This was excellent and not too rich either. K loved it and A even tried a few bites... after all it had his favorite veggie in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment