Saturday, December 18, 2010

Egg Nog Bread

When I first saw this recipe I immediately thought of my husband. He LOVES eggnog and I buy it when its on sale this time of year. I on the other hand just.can't.drink.it. But this I thought I could handle!

Egg Nog Bread-adapted from Mommy's Kitchen
2 eggs
1 3/4 cup egg nog
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup applesauce
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp rum extract(omitted)
1 tsp vanilla extract(I used sugar cookie egg nog, so omitted)
2 1/4 cups flour(I used 1/2 ww, 1/2 ap)
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
small box instant vanilla pudding mix

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bread pan(s)(I got one loaf and 6 muffins out of this batch).

Beat together wet ingredients and sugar together. Sift flour, salt, baking powder together and add to egg mixture. Beat until combined. Stir in pudding mix. Place in prepared pans and bake for 20-25 mins or until knife comes out clean.(My bread got darker before it was done, so I covered it with a another cookie sheet to keep it from browning to much.) For muffins about 18-20 mins.

**This was better than I thought it would be! It was moist, dense, and a little crunchy on the outside. It was perfect. It did remind me more of a cake than a bread. The boys loved it!

This has been linked to Finding Joy in my Kitchen Countdown to 2011!

2 comments:

  1. These look great. If you have egg nog left over, try this icing. http://www.halleethehomemaker.com/2009/12/egg-nog-icing/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Festive muffins and bread -- this is making me think I might like egg nog :)

    ReplyDelete