Thursday, December 23, 2010

Peppermint Meltaways

I love peppermint especially this time of year. Well my girlfriends and I were doing a cookie swap this year and I saw this cookie so I wanted to give them a try! They were simple to make and pretty tasty too!

Peppermint Meltaways-shared from What Megan's Making
2 sticks of butter, softened
1/2 cup corn starch
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
1 1/4 cups flour

Butter cream frosting flavored with 1 tsp peppermint extract. (You will not need a full batch) tinted with green or red food coloring.

Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Beat in extract. Combine flour and cornstarch and slowly add to butter mixture, scraping down the sides as needed. Place dough in fridge for about 30 mins.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Bake for 10-12 mins or until bottoms are lightly browned. Let cool for 5 mins and gently remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.

Once cool frost and sprinkle with crushed candy canes or peppermint candy.

**These were really good and did melt in your mouth. BUT they were very fragile, I was surprised they made the 45 mins trip to the cookie swap. There was also no way I was going to be able to spread the frosting on the top, so I used my star tip and swirled it on. These also didn't make a lot of cookies but it did work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment