Thursday, December 16, 2010

Peanut Butter Blossoms

I think this is a classic Christmas cookie and not one that I make very often. Actually I can't say for sure that I've ever made them to begin with, but we had some kisses so we made some. These are a quick and easy cookie to make and perfect to have the kids help out with.

Peanut Butter Blossoms-from Hershey 
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup peanut butter(I did use Chunky)
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
48 hershey kisses, unwrapped
additional granulated sugar

Preheat oven to 375. Cream together shortening and peanut butter until well mixed. Add in both sugars and mix until fluffy. Mix in the egg. Add in flour, salt, and soda. Mix until well combined. Scoop(or roll) into 1 inch balls, roll in sugar and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 8 mins until lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and quickly place one kiss on top of each cookie and push down slightly. Allow to cool.

**These are pretty tasty! Although I do love the peanut butter chocolate combo. They are cruchy on the outside from the sugar coating and chewy and soft in the middle.

1 comment: