Thursday, January 13, 2011

4 Cheese Rosa Baked Pasta

In my quest to please K...and still have a meatless dinner, pasta and cheese usually fits the bill! I had a feeling he would love this, so I picked up the Rosa sauce to try it out. Although I think by the time I was done, it was actually a 6 cheese pasta...but that was because I used a 6 cheese blend on top!

4 Cheese Rosa Baked Pasta-Sidewalk Shoes
1 lb pasta(I used penne)
16-24 oz container reduced fat ricotta or cottage cheese
1 jar Bertolli 4 Cheese Rosa Sauce
1-2 cups shredded Italian Cheese
*I now realize that I left out some of the ingredients when making this, so you can use the original or how I did it.

Preheat oven to 350.
Cook pasta until al dente. Drain well. Mix pasta with rosa sauce and ricotta cheese. Place in 9x13 pan. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake covered for 25 mins, remove cover and bake for another 5 mins until hot and bubbly.

**This was really good! If you've never had a rosa sauce, it is a cross between a tomato sauce and alfredo sauce. It was creamy and delicious! K said it was the best vegetarian meal I've ever made...but it had cheese so of course he loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment