Sunday, January 2, 2011

Egg Nog Pancakes

I know I made these before and couldn't believe I never put them on here! So here it is, they are worth it!

Egg Nog Pancakes-adapted from Joy the Baker
1 cup flour
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 heaping tsp grated nutmeg
1/8 tsp cinnamon
pinch of allspice
3 tbsp butter, melted until browned
1 egg
1 cup buttermilk
1 tbsp whiskey, white rum OR 2 tsp vanilla

Add spices to melted butter and allow to cool for a bit. Whisk together flour, soda, sugar, and salt. In another bowl combine buttermilk, whiskey, vanilla, and butter. (It's ok if the butter solidifies a bit). Stir in dry ingredients until combined. Ladle onto hot griddle and cook until bubbles form, flip and cook until golden.

**These are very flavorful, moist, and delicious! This might be one of my favorite pancake recipes! I did double this recipe the other day and used part applesauce and the results were still fabulous! I also used ww flour.

No comments:

Post a Comment