Friday, January 14, 2011

Oatmeal Tea Muffins

I found this recipe during Finding Joy in my Kitchen's Best of 2010 breakfast foods! I also believe that Snowhite tried this recipe as well, but she made them into a bread.

Oatmeal Tea Muffins-adapted from Loving my Domestic Life
1/4 cup milk
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1 1/4 cups unsweetened applesauce
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup sugar(although i do think i cut this down)
1 1/4 cup flour(ap and ww were used)
1 cup oatmeal
Topping:(omitted)
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp chopped pecans
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350.
Sift together dry ingredients. Mix together went ingredients and add to dry until just incorporated. Place in prepared muffin tins. Mix together topping and sprinkle onto muffins. Bake for 20 mins or until they test done with a toothpick.

**I made 2 dozen mini muffins and about 9 reg. sized muffins...my boys ATE them all in two days! My guess is they really liked those! I also liked them, the 2 I had! They were pretty tasty and not overly sweet and pretty healthy as well!

1 comment: