Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Butternut Squash Cinnamon Chip Muffins

I had bought a squash for Thanksgiving and then never used it. So I knew I needed to use it soon and I'm not a fan of it! I made it for dinner one night and gave it to K, but I remembered seeing this recipe in my blogging travels so I wanted to give them a shot!

Butternut Squash Cinnamon Chip Muffins-adapted from Creatively Domestic
1 cup flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 unsweetened applesauce
2 bananas mashed
3 eggs*
1/4 cup oil
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup butternut squash, cooked,mashed
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup cinnamon chips

*The original recipe calls for 4 eggs, but I had 2 bananas to use so I cut back on one egg for the banana, but if you only have 1 banana use the 4 eggs!

Mix together the wet ingredients until combined. Stir together dry ingredients and add to wet until a batter forms. Stir in cinnamon chips. Place in prepared muffin tins. Bake at 350 for 16-18 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.

**I wasn't so sure about the combo of this while I was making it...BUT I am happy to say they were AMAZING! They were moist, not to sweet, and delicious! If I could actually convince my son to eat them I'm sure he'd love them! I told him they were banana muffins...and apparently he doesn't like banana muffins, but I also knew if I said they were squash muffins, the wouldn't eat those either. These are very similar to my browned butter pumpkin cinnamon chip muffins!

No comments:

Post a Comment