Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Stuffed Pepper Soup

I found this recipe from a message board I used to belong to, its actually a Rachael Ray recipe. I love stuffed peppers and what better way to switch it up than to make it into a soup! I did see a recipe for this this week and they put it in the crock pot, which will also work wonderfully, but its a pretty easy soup.

Stuffed Pepper Soup-shared from Rachael Ray
1 lb ground meat,
3-4 sweet peppers, sliced
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
2 cups cooked brown rice(or 1 cup orzo)
1 qt broth
1 bay leaf

Place meat in pan and brown it until cooked through, drain if needed. Add in peppers, garlic, and onions and cook for about 5-10 mins. Stir in tomatoes, broth, and bay leaf. Bring to a simmer and cook for another 7-8 mins.

**I love the flavors of this soup, you can use any spices you like that you would put in your stuffed peppers. I think I added some italian seasoning to mine. I think next time I may add in a can of diced tomatoes too just for some more texture!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds so yummy!
    Every time I see this, I say "I need to make this!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow that looks and sounds yummy, I love a good soup.

    ReplyDelete