Sunday, November 21, 2010

Coffee Chocolate Chip Muffins

I am always looking for new muffin recipes and for some reason I thought this was a mocha muffin, but it turned out to be just coffee!

I wasn't a huge fan of the 3 STICKS of butter that this recipe required, so I cut the butter in half. I also cut back some of the sugar.

Coffee Chocolate Chip Muffins-adapted from Lick the Bowl Good
Beat on high until fluffy:
3/4 cup butter(1 1/2 sticks)
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
5 tbsp instant coffee
(add in 3/4 cup applesauce,mix)

Sift in:
2 cups ap flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

At low speed mix until just combined:
1 cup milk
1 cup chocolate chips

Place batter in greased muffins tins. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.

**These were pretty good for a coffee muffin. Although I do think next time I'll add in some cocoa powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment