Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Pancake and Sausage Muffins

I saw these one week on Heavenly Homemakers and I'm also looking for easy breakfast options! Mostly to help on the hectic mornings that I have to run out the door!

I did add a half cup of oatmeal in for the flour as I was out of whole wheat flour, so I wanted to bump up the nutrition a bit.

I also decided to put maple syrup IN the muffins instead of on top. If you choose not to do this, then you will 1 1/2 cups milk.

Pancake and Sausage Muffins-adapted from Heavenly Homemakers
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup quick cook oatmeal
1/3 cup applesauce
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup milk
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 eggs
1/2 lb breakfast sausage, cooked, crumbled, drained well

Combine flour, salt, powder, and oatmeal. Add in syrup, applesauce, and eggs and stir well. Fold in sausage. Place in greased muffin tins. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 mins or until golden brown.

**These were quite tasty, they had just a touch of maple flavor that worked perfect! Q devoured 2 of them!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, just came across your blog. I like your philosophy about home made cooking! I'd love if you Check out my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These machines enable you to know the accurate measurements of the things you purchase. Further, these floor level scales are used by farmers to determine the weight of the farm animals, such as goats, pigs, sheep, cows, buffaloes and other cattle. best kitchen weighing scale

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unlike standard compression load cells, which can readily suffer from off-axis loading problems, torsion rings are loaded through a centrally located annular ring. yük hücresi

    ReplyDelete
  4. With this information to hand you can then begin looking at the various different types of scale out there. One common misconception is that you can have a single scale for weighing absolutely anything. scales for weighing

    ReplyDelete