Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pumpkin Cheese Coffee Cake

I was looking for a new dessert to make for Halloween...I was leaning towards an apple cake, but then I stumbled upon this delicious looking cake! Of course it is pumpkin!

I did cut back the sugar, used whole wheat flour, and low fat cream cheese. I also only put the coconut topping on 3/4 of the cake as I didn't figure my mom would be able to eat it yet.

Pumpkin Cheese Cake-adapted from Food, Family, and Fun
1 2/3 cup sugar
1 1/4 cup pumpkin
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup oil
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/4 cup flour(1/2 whole wheat, 1/2 ap)

Filling:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 egg
1 tbsp sugar

Topping:
3/4 cup shredded coconut
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans(omitted)

Preheat oven to 350. Mix together cake ingredients and place in a greased 9x13 inch pan.

Cream together filling ingredients.  Using a small cookie scoop place dollops of cream cheese over cake batter. Swirl using a knife.

Combine topping and sprinkle over topping. Place in oven for 35-40 mins until a knife comes out clean.

**This was so very good! We did decided it was tastier with the topping on it(sorry mom). This would be great for a potluck dinner. It was quick and easy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment