Sunday, November 7, 2010

Whole Wheat Apple Pancakes

One would think that after eating all the apples last month from apple picking I would be done with apples for a while...until I saw this recipe and needed a pancake recipe for Saturday morning breakfast! I did double the recipe so I could freeze some for quick breakfasts!

Whole Wheat Apple Pancakes-shared from Eat At Home
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1/2 cup applesauce
2 cups milk*
1 tsp vanilla
1-2 apples, peeled, finely chopped(or shredded)

*The recipe calls for 2 cups of milk, but when doubled I only used 3 cups of milk. I thought the batter would have been too thin if I used all 4 cups, so I stopped. Use your best judgement.

Whisk together dry ingredients. Add in wet ingredients and stir until combined. Fold in apples. Place on hot oiled griddle. May need to spread out a bit with a spoon. Wait for bubbles to form and flip. Serve with butter and maple syrup.

**These were tasty and perfect for a fall morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment