Thursday, November 18, 2010

Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup

This made its first appearance on my Tasty Tuesday post and I needed something quick and easy for lunch today. This couldn't have been simpler! I also added in some cheese tortellini and leftover spaghetti.

Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato Soup-shared from Let's Dish
28 oz can crushed tomatoes
1 jar roasted red peppers, drained
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 cups broth
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
salt and pepper to taste

Place tomatoes and broth in sauce pan. Bring to a boil and simmer. In a blender puree peppers and garlic. Add to tomatoes along with lemon juice and spices. Simmer for another 30 mins. Add in cooked pasta just before serving.

**I actually used a can of whole tomatoes and pureed them and next time I'll used diced just to give it a bit more texture. I may even roast them. I felt like it was missing something and perhaps I just needed to up the spices a bit, but it was still quite tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment