Friday, November 5, 2010

Cream of Chicken Soup

I know I have TWO cream of ....soups on here. But one is for cream of mushroom which after looking back I realized its quite different than the cream of chicken and the first one uses butter and I like this recipe better as it doesn't have the extra fat. I like making my own cream soups so I can adjust the ingredients and use a milk alternative as well. *Sorry no pictures, I used it right away and forgot!

Cream of Chicken Soup-shared from Tammy's Recipes
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
1/2 onion chopped
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/8 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt(or less, taste test)
1/4 tsp parsley(I did use dried)
dash of paprika
1 1/2 cups milk
3/4 cup flour
1 tsp olive oil

Place olive in hot pan, add in onions and garlic. Saute until soft about 5 mins. Add in broth, 1/2 cup milk, and seasonings and bring to a boil. In another bowl whisk together remaining 1 cup of milk and flour. Add to boiling mixture and continue whisking until mixture comes back to a boil and thickens.

**This is a fairly quick soup to make and I love how it thickens so quickly! I added a bit more garlic then I intended too, so it was more garlicky, but it did still work. This yields about 2 cans of soup. It does seem to freeze well.

No comments:

Post a Comment