Friday, February 11, 2011

Gluten Free Chocolate Nut Brownie Cookies

A friend I grew up with started her own blog recently. These looked delicious, easy, quick, and I love to experiment! So I gave these a try. Now she does live in Colorado, so I thought I'd have to change the recipe a bit...well at least when it came to bake time. But I didn't need too. Of course if you were to make smaller cookies you will probably have to cook them at a lesser time. Hers were flatter, but I contribute the elevation to be a factor in this, also the type of pan I used(which was a silicone one).

I was also amazed that there was no butter or leavening in this cookie. It definitely peeked my interest!

I called these "Nut" cookies because she suggested using walnuts or pecans, all I had on hand were peanuts, so I chopped those up and used them. I'm quite excited to see what else she shares!

Gluten Free Chocolate Nut Brownie Cookies-shared from Everything Reconsidered
3 cups powdered sugar
3/4 cup cocoa powder
4 large egg whites
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1.5 cups semi sweet choc. chips,chopped(you will want to make sure these are gf)
1.5 cups nuts, chopped

Preheat oven to 325. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.

Whisk together sugar, cocoa, and salt. Add in nuts and chocolate chips. Stir in eggs just until moistened, do not over mix. (The dough is VERY thick, so next time I may use my stand mixer) Scoop out dough and place on cookie sheet. I used my large pampered chef scoop and got 15 cookies out of the batch.

Bake for 25 mins turning half way through. You want them hard on the outside, even if they are a little undercooked that is ok, makes them even better!


**These cookies came out AMAZING!  I couldn't believe how chewy they were on the inside and the crunch of the outside added to the texture! I gave one to K when he got home and he said they were great(this coming from a guy who isn't a huge fan of chocolate) I then told him there was no flour in them, he didn't believe me! BUT believe it! They were almost too sweet for me, but being that this is one of the first gf recipes I've done, I didn't want to mess with it too much. Next time I will perhaps cut down on the choc. chips and even chop them!(I did not do that today)

267 cal/cookie

1 comment:

  1. yay! i just saw this for the first time :) i'm glad they came out well. are you doing both dairy and gluten free stuff?

    ReplyDelete