Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sesame Chicken

I love trying out new Chinese recipes! This one has been on my list for a while now, it was quick and easy to make.

Sesame Chicken-Let's Dish
1 lb chicken, cubed
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
dash of ground cloves
dash of ground cinnamon
2 tbsp oil
1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
1/3 cup honey
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 onion, sliced
1 green pepper, sliced
2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
brown rice

In a large resealable bag, combine flour with spices. Add in chicken and shake to coat the chicken. Heat oil in pan and fry chicken until browned on both sides. Place chicken on paper towels to drain.

Mix together sauce ingredients. Place peppers and onions in pan and saute for 5 mins. Place chicken back in the pan and add in sauce ingredients and cook until thickened. Stir in sesame seeds. Serve over rice.

**I really liked the flavor the chicken had, but I think next time I won't bother frying it. I didn't find that it really added to the flavor, so I will use it like a rub and brown the chicken and add in the sauce. This was really tasty and delicious!

1 comment:

  1. I'm bookmarking this! I've been wanting to try my hand at sesame chicken at home, but have been too...um, chicken! I'll give it a go without frying.

    ReplyDelete