Sunday, February 6, 2011

Steak Sauce Pasta

The original recipe was called Steak Sauce Rigatoni...but I knew I had 3 or 4 boxes of pasta already so I used rotini. You can use any kind of pasta you like in this recipe of course!

Steak Sauce Pasta-Apples and Twinkies
1 lb pasta
1 lb flank steak
2-3 sweet peppers, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 28 oz jar spaghetti sauce
2 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 cup red wine(I used merlot)
1 cup beef broth

Cook pasta according to pkg and drain.

In the meantime, slice steak thin and cook until done. Remove from pan. Add in peppers, onions, and garlic. Cook for about 5-8 mins. Add in wine and cook for another 1-2 mins. Add in spaghetti sauce and broth simmer for about 10 mins. Stir pasta into steak sauce and serve.

**I was afraid that the wine would over power this dish, but it did not! I'm not a wine fan but I like the flavor it adds to dishes. It was a sweet and savory dish(do to using Francesco Rinaldi sauce) K and I both really liked it!

Cal-260/cup

No comments:

Post a Comment