Sunday, April 10, 2011

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins

I always love finding new muffin recipes and this one sounded easy and tasty!*Oops apparently I forgot to take a picture of these! I'll have to remember for next time!

I totally messed up the recipe...I didn't read it all the way through and just did it the way I thought I a muffin recipe usually goes! But despite misreading the instructions they came out wonderful!

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Muffins-shared from How Sweet It Is
1 cup rolled oats(old fashioned)
1 cup milk
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup butter softened(I used 1 tbsp butter, 3 tbsp oil)
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix together milk and oatmeal. Set aside and allow to soak for about 5 mins or while you mix the rest of the recipe.

Whisk together flour, salt, cinnamon, sugar, and baking soda. Whisk in butter/oil(if you use all butter it may still be lumpy) and egg. Add in vanilla and milk/oatmeal, whisk until throughly combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Place in prepared muffin tins(this makes 12) and bake for 15-18 mins.

**I wasn't sure how these would come out after reading the recipe wrong...or not reading it for that matter! BUT they came out AMAZING! They are crunchy on the outside and moist and tasty on the inside! They also taste just like a cookie in muffin form! YUM! Next time I'll try to cut back on the oil/butter though just to make them a touch healthier!

No comments:

Post a Comment