Friday, April 1, 2011

Naan Bread

I've had this list on my tasty Tuesday list for a while now and I FINALLY got to make them! They were pretty easy to make and the boys loved helping me! Cooking them was easy considering I used my George Foreman Grill!

I did adapt this to using my bread machine for the dough, but its not necessary!

Naan Bread-adapted from Let's Dish
1 cup warm water
1/4 cup sugar
3 tbsp milk
1 egg, beaten
2 tsp salt
3 1/2 cups bread flour(I used 2 cups ww, 1.5 ap +4 tsp vital wheat gluten)*
Topping:
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 tsp garlic salt

Add ingredients to bread machine as recommended by manufacturer. Start on dough cycle and once it beeps remove dough. *Check dough to make sure its not to dry or wet, you may need more or less flour. Divide dough into 18 or so equal pieces and roll into a ball. Place on cookie sheet and cover with a towel. Allow to rise for an hour until doubled. Mix together butter and garlic salt. Roll dough out into circles. Place on pre-heated george foreman grill. Brush with butter/garlic. Cook for 2-3 mins until puffed and brown, flip and brush top with more butter. Cook for another 2-3 mins(with the grill closed).

**This made delicious bread that we ate along with some chicken tikka masala. The boys gobbled them right up as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment