Thursday, March 31, 2011

Chicken Pad Thai

I love Pad Thai at the local Thai place...we generally fight over who is going to order it. We like to share and try new things when we go. I even managed to get my sister to try it once and she couldn't believe how good it was! Thankfully I found this recipe so I can indulge it it much more at home! This recipe came together quick and easy, I want to say it took 30 mins to make!(Of course it helped that I had the chicken already cooked.)

Chicken Pad Thai-shared from Loving My Domestic Life
4 oz rice noodles, cooked according to the pkg
1-2 cups chopped chicken
1-2 tsp sesame oil(I tend to not like the flavor, so I went with 1 tsp)
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup sugar(I used organic cane sugar)
1/3 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup peanut butter
3 cups shredded cabbage(omitted b/c I didn't have any)
4 green onions, thinly sliced(omitted)
chopped salted peanuts

Heat oil in large skillet. Add in onion and cook for about 5 mins until tender. Add in garlic. Stir in beaten egg until just about cooked. Add in vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and peanut butter. Allow to cook until melted and blended together. Add in chicken, cabbage, green onions, and cooked noodles. Cook until heated through. Garnish with chopped nuts.

**This was REALLY REALLY good! The leftovers didn't last long at all! The only complaint we had was that the noodles were still a bit crunchy. I will definitely be making this again but with different noodles. I used rice threads but they didn't seem to have the same texture as the noodles used at the restaurant! Still highly recommended!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I've been waiting for you to post about this! I'm totally adding this next week!

    ReplyDelete