Saturday, March 19, 2011

Oozy-Arabic recipe

My friend Huriya shared this recipe with me. I had never tried any arabic foods, so I wanted to give it a try. The ingredients are pretty simple and frugal, unfortunately there are no measurements so feel free to add as much or little spices as you wish!

Oozy-shared from Huriya
1 lb ground beef, browned and drained
2 cups rice
4 cups water
salt
pepper
allspice
nutmeg
ground coriander
1 pkg peas and carrots

Brown meat with allspice, salt, and pepper. Drain. Add in water, rice, and season with salt, pepper, coriander, allspice, and nutmeg. Stir. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for about 45 mins until water is absorbed and rice is cooked. Add in peas and carrots and cook for another 5 mins until veggies are cooked through.

It was recommend to eat this along with plain yogurt.

**This was very quick, easy, and simple to make. I'm not always a fan of allspice or nutmeg so I went pretty light on the spices, but I really liked the flavor it had. It was different than what we usually eat. I was really enjoying it, K on the other hand did not. But that's ok its more for me!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah its really out of my box.I am very much fond of these recipes and really they are out of box. Anyways keep updating this post .Its really worth!

    http://goo.gl/2M8l6R

    ReplyDelete