Sunday, March 6, 2011

M&M Pretzel Cookies

A begged me to make some cookies...and he wasn't satisfied in just making the oatmeal peanut butter ones I already had in the freezer. I thought this recipe sounded different and it helped use up some pretzels and m&m's I had!

M&M Pretzel Cookies-adapted from Two Peas In Their Pod
1 1/2 sticks of butter, softened
Scant 1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
1/2-1 cup mini m&ms
1 1/2 cup chopped pretzels

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Cream together butter and sugars. Add in vanilla and one egg at a time and beat until combined. Add in flour, salt, and baking soda. Mix until combined. Stir in pretzels and m&m's. Place on cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 mins until golden brown.

**I really liked the crunch and saltiness that the pretzels added to the cookies. They were nice and chewy on the inside and delicious! A perfect sweet and salty snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment