Friday, March 25, 2011

S'More Pancakes

While browsing some of the blogs I read and the recipes they want to try, I stumbled upon this recipe! I thought it would be a perfect Sunday morning breakfast and I had all the ingredients on hand!

S'More Pancakes-shared from Sweet Luvin' In the Kitchen
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/2 cups milk*
2 eggs
2 tbsp oil
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Marshmallow Syrup
1 cup marshmallow fluff
1/4 cup HOT water

Whisk together dry ingredients. Add in the wet ingredients and stir to combine.

*The original recipe says to use 2 cups of milk, to me that sounded like a lot so I started with 1 cup and ended up using a total of 1.5 cups of milk. This still seemed a little runny to me, but it worked well. 2 cups I think would make it very very runny.

Place batter onto hot, greased griddle. Sprinkle on a few chocolate chips. When bubbles start to form on the top, flip and continue to cook until browned.

To make syrup, combine fluff and hot water until soup. Drizzle over pancakes.

**These were fluffy and tasty! I loved the crunch of the graham cracker crumbs! The boys loved them! I did alter when to put the chocolate chips in as they all seemed to sink to the bottom of the batter. The marshmallow syrup really helped tie all the flavors together! K enjoyed them as well, but he informed me that he probably wouldn't like them as much for breakfast...he's not a chocolate in the morning person. He had his for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment