Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Deep Dish Pizza

I've never made deep dish pizza before, but my friend Tara posted her recipe and I wanted to try it out.

Deep Dish Pizza-shared from Tara G.
1 cup warm water
2 1/4 tsp yeast
2 1/2-3 cups flour
1 tsp olive oil
1/4 tsp salt

Place water in bowl and add in yeast. Let stand for 5 minutes. Add in salt and oil. Stir in flour until dough forms.(This will form a dough after adding 2 cups, I'd add at least 2.5 cups if not all of the 3 cups). Let rise for about an hour.

Divide dough in half and place in 2 greased 8-9 inch cake pans. Roll dough out and up the sides. Let rise for another hour.

Topping:
1 14 oz can italian diced tomatoes
8 oz mozzerella cheese, shredded
any other toppings of your choice(I did cheese, onions, peppers, and spinach)

Place tomatoes on dough, followed by a layer of cheese and other toppings. Top with a little bit more cheese. Bake at 450 for 15-20 mins.

**I doubled the dough and made 2 9x13 inch pizzas.The dough will rise quite a bit once in the pan but try not to poke it back down, just leave it be. I used one can of reg. diced tomatoes on one pizza and italian on the other, the italian one tasted JUST LIKE UNO'S! We had friends over and we could not believe how good this pizza was!! We all loved and devoured it! I wish we had more leftovers, this will be on our table again very soon! YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment