Friday, March 18, 2011

Double Blueberry Muffins

Here we have yet another blueberry muffin! I don't think you can ever have to many can you? I noticed I needed to use up some blueberries I had and what better way to use them than in a muffin?

Double Blueberry Muffin-adapted from Apples to Zucchini
2 egg whites, beaten
6 oz container blueberry yogurt(greek or regular)
2 cups blueberries
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or line muffin pans(I got 1 dozen full size muffins and 2 dozen mini muffins!)

Mix together dry ingredients.(Minus 1/4 cup flour, stir that into the blueberries) Add in applesauce, yogurt, eggs, and vanilla. Lightly stir and add in remaining flour with blueberries. Stir until well combined. (I found this dough to be thicker than a regular muffin recipe, but it still works out fine) Place in muffin tins. Bake mini muffins for 10-12 mins or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Bake regular muffins for 15-18 mins until toothpick comes out clean.

**These were full of blueberry flavor and very moist! They were just a little sweet which made them perfect for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment