Saturday, March 26, 2011

Caribbean Chicken Salad


I got a great deal on some mangoes last week and found I had some extras. I altered this salad a bit due to missing the slaw part of the recipe, but feel free to follow the link to see the WHOLE recipe!

Caribbean Chicken Salad-adapted from Acting Balanced
1/2 cup chopped mango
1/4 cup golden raisins
1 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp plain yogurt
1-2 tbsp mayo(depending on taste)
2 tbsp apricot preserves(I used polaner all fruit)
1 cup cooked chicken, chopped

Mix together lime juice, yogurt, mayo, and apricot preserves. Add in chicken, mango, and raisins. Mix until throughly combined. Serve in lettuce cups or over chopped romaine.

**I really liked the flavors of this and perhaps next time I'll have some mango chutney to add to it, but I do think a little curry powder would be a nice touch to the salad!

1 comment:

  1. Curry would be good in this, I agree! I love all the fruit in there too :)

    ReplyDelete