Saturday, April 9, 2011

Maple BBQ Turkey Sloppy Joe's

I was recently reading someone's Tasty Tuesday type list and stumbled upon this. It sounded great so I couldn't wait to try it! Normally, I'd serve it on some Sandwich thins or homemade hamburger buns, BUT a wonderful lady from church made us some homemade bread(which I need to get the recipe for now) so I served it on that!

Maple BBQ Turkey Sloppy Joe's-shared from Rachael Ray
1 pkg ground turkey(usually around 20 oz)
1 red pepper, diced
1 tbsp poultry seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
1 onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 cup maple syrup(the real stuff!)
2 tbsp tamari(or 3 tbsp soy sauce)
8 oz can tomato sauce
2 tbsp cider vinegar
2 tbsp brown sugar(approx.)

Season turkey with poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper. Brown turkey until its no longer pink while breaking it up. Drain. Add in peppers, onion, and garlic and cook for about 5 mins until tender. Add in the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Allow to simmer for about 5 mins until heated through.(Taste when done to check for seasoning). Serve over rolls or bread.

**These were really good and tasty! I was glad I only put in the 2 tbsp tamari as I think anymore it would have been to powerful! It was both sweet and salty and we loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment