Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Foccacia Hamburger Rolls

I found a new blog recently that I have fallen in love with. While looking around I came across a new hamburger bun recipe. So of course I had to try it!

Foccacia Hamburger Rolls- adapted from Sweet and Savory
2 1/4 tsp yeast( or 1 pkg)
1 cup lukewarm water
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour(or any flour)
2 tbsp olive oil, plus some for drizzling
parmesan cheese
salt

Mix together yeast and water, set aside. Sift together salt and flour. Add to yeast and combine with oil. Kneed using dough hook for 5 mins until a ball forms. Place dough into covered greased bowl and let rise for 1 hr. Punch dough down and form into 4-6 balls. Form into roll shape. Press fingers lightly into dough to form dimples. Drizzle with oil, salt, and parmesan cheese. Cover with towel and let rise for at least 30 mins. Cook at 375 for 20-25 mins until golden brown.

**These were quite tasty and went well with the burgers. I was only able to get 4 rolls out of them, but I did proof the yeast wrong so that may have had something to do with it. I will make them again! I am on the search for a perfect roll...I like the softness of a store bought, but not sure if I will ever get it b/c im not using the yucky stuff they are!

2 comments:

  1. I love faccacia, but never thought to make hamburger rolls with the dough! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out and thanks for reading my blog! Glad you liked the rolls...I make them often!

    ReplyDelete