Friday, May 7, 2010

Tex-Mex Cheese Steaks

I stumbled on this recipe in the Rachel Ray magazine as I was sorting through them. I love cheesesteak and love to change up recipes. This was very simple and quick!

Tex-Mex Cheese Steaks-Rachel Ray
1 lb shaved steak
olive oil
1 onion, slice
1-2 sweet peppers,sliced(I used 1 yellow, 1 red)
chili powder to taste
salt, to taste
1-2 avocados
2-4 rolls(I used homemade italian bread shaped into sandwich rolls)
shredded cheese

Place some oil in the bottom of the pan. Place onions and peppers into the pan and saute for about 5 mins. Add in steak, sprinkle with salt and chili powder. Cook until steak is cooked through. Sprinkle with cheese and allow to melt.

Slice rolls and toast. Spread half an avocado over bottom of roll. Top with steak mixture. Cover with top bun and serve.

**These were excellent! I was waiting for K to complain about the avocado, but he didn't. It was a nice change from your ordinary cheese steak. K said they were delicious. The boys had eggs and leftover waffles, they are not avocado or steak fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment