Saturday, May 8, 2010

Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes

Well that is a mouthful for a pretty easy recipe! I woke up with not much breakfast type food in the house. I really wanted pancakes, but not the plain ol' pancakes I always make. I also knew we had waffles twice this week. I remember seeing a recipe for blueberry cheesecake flapjacks, except I wanted to use my strawberries before they went bad. This worked out very well.

Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes-adapted from Taste of Home
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg
1 cup of water+4 tbsp dry buttermilk(or 1 cup buttermilk)
2 tbsp oil(I used applesauce
Cheesecake filling:
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1-6 oz cup vanilla yogurt(or 3/4 cup whipped topping)
2 cups chopped strawberries
2 tbsp sugar

Mix together sugar and strawberries and set aside. Combine yogurt(or whipped topping) and cream cheese.

Combine and sift together dry ingredients for pancakes. Add in wet ingredients and stir until mixed well. Place batter on hot griddle, flip when bubbles form and cook until golden brown. Cool pancakes slightly.

Once cooled, cover each pancake with cream cheese mixture and 1 tbsp of strawberries and stack. Serve to your favorite guests....or your family!

**These were really good and hit the spot perfectly. The original recipe also has graham cracker crumbs in the batter, but I was out of graham crackers. K's said they were really good(although I'm pretty sure he said something else, but now he is going to argue with me about it) so we will just leave it as they were good. It was a good thing I doubled the recipe as he had 2 servings!

2 comments:

  1. Classic combo - this pancake sounds be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, do those look delicious! Decadent! Nice eye candy first thing in the morning, and tasty, too!

    ReplyDelete