Monday, May 31, 2010

Peanut Butter and Jelly Waffles

I thought these sounded different and delicious while looking through my Taste of Home magazine! I did make homemade jam to go on top!

Peanut Butter and Jelly Waffles- adapted from Taste of Home
1 1/4 cup flour
3 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
2 eggs, separated
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 1/4 cup milk
3 tbsp butter, melted

In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder and soda, and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk together egg yolks, milk, butter, and peanut butter. Stir wet ingredients into the dry ones just until moistened. Whip egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into batter. Place on heated waffle iron. Serve with jelly as syrup.

**These were quite tasty and a different take on waffles. The only problem I had was that my waffle maker decided to be finicky and stop working...as in it wouldn't open or close! I didn't take a picture because they we not that exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment