Monday, May 17, 2010

Satay Noodle Salad

It was a nice summer day on Saturday and I wanted something refreshing for dinner. This recipe I've had for quite a while and have put it on our menu at least twice and it wasn't even on this week, but I knew I had everything to make it, so it was a spur of the moment dinner. You can add chicken to it, I made it without so the little boy that was here could have some as well.

Satay Noodle Salad- from Rachael Ray
1 lb spaghetti, cooked, cooled with water
1/3 cup peanut butter,softened
1/4 cup warm water
2 tbsp honey
1/2 cup tamari sauce(I used regular soy sauce)
juice of 2 limes(or 1/4 cup)
1 tsp hot sauce
1 clove garlic, grated(omitted)
2 tbsp oil
1 cup packed fresh spinach, thinly sliced(omitted)
3 carrots, grated
4 scallions, thinly sliced(omitted)
1/4 cup chopped peanuts

Whisk together peanut butter, honey, water, lime juice, hot sauce, garlic, and soy sauce. Pour in the oil in a steady stream while whisking continuously to combine. Add in noodles and veggies, toss to coat. Serve topped with peanuts.

**I did add more hot sauce to give it a little more kick. This came out wonderful and reminded me of a pad thai. I sat down to eat it and the 3 yr old and 2 yr old came running over, I had already fed them, but they wanted "noodles", so I gave them some and I've never seen them any anything so fast before! So they are also kid approved! This would be a great pot luck salad and you wouldn't have to worry about it spoiling at summer picnics. I also liked it warm as the sauce did get thick once it was completely cooled.

2 comments:

  1. Makes me wish we could make dishes with nuts in them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! I'm always craving pad thai, so this sounds wonderful to me.

    Also, I made your peanut butter banana chocolate chip bread with my own twist. And blogged about it today. Thought you might like to see:

    http://www.lucilleinthesky.com/2010/05/tuesday-food-day-peanut-butter-banana.html

    ReplyDelete