Saturday, May 1, 2010

Coconut Pecan Waffles

A has been begging me for waffles so I decided to finally make him some. His did not have pecans or coconut in it as he was sharing with Q, it did have sprinkles and coconut extract in it!

Coconut Pecan Waffles-Taste of Home
2 cups biscuit mix*
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp coconut extract
1 cup club soda
1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1/4 cup applesauce

Mix together all ingredients. Place batter into waffle iron and cook until done.

*I had one cup of bisquick left and will no longer stock it, so I used the recipe on the back of the buttermilk container. 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1 tbsp sugar, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt.

**I didn't toast the coconut or pecans, I didn't realize that they needed to be toasted. They still tasted great, but the flavor would be even better if they were toasted. There is no picture because I forgot to take one just as I was eating the last bite!

This recipe was shared at Finger Licking Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment