Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Waffles of Insane Greatness

I finally was able to buy some new waffle plates...my old Belgian waffle maker sadly bit the dust. And no it wasn't "that old" maybe a few years. So I found some plates that would fit into my George Foreman grill. I had one very excited 4 year old when they came and I was glad they did because I really wanted to try this recipe!

Waffles of Insane Greatness-shared from Finding Joy in My Kitchen
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup corn starch
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1/2 cup milk+2 tbsp(if using all ww flour)
4 tbsp olive oil
1 egg
3/4 tsp vanilla

Mix together dry ingredients. Mix together wet ingredients and add to the dry ones, mix until just slightly lumpy. Allow to sit for 30 mins.

Heat up waffle griddle. Oil if desired. Ladle batter onto hot griddle, close and cook according to your waffle maker directions. Top with your favorite topping and enjoy!

**I made these one morning when my mom and sister were here for breakfast. I made chocolate whipped cream and strawberries to go on top. They were really tasty! My mom also tried them with syrup and they were also good! I loved how crunchy the cornstarch made them and they tasted wonderful! They even reheated well, not soggy at all!

3 comments:

  1. I need a waffle maker! I have been seeing just the yummiest waffle recipes. That's it, I am off to Target!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you enjoyed this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm making a double batch right now, and they smell great already! Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete