Sunday, April 3, 2011

Peanut Butter Banana Streusal Muffins

I signed up to bring snack to A's preschool this week with a plan to clean out my freezer by using up some frozen cookie dough! Then my mom and sister came over and A wanted to make cookies so I took out the dough, leaving me with having to come up with something else to make! I had already planned on making these so some went to his class!

Peanut Butter Banana Streusal Muffins-adapted from Recipe Shoebox
Streusal topping:
3 tbsp whole wheat flour
3 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp butter, melted
Mix together and set aside.

Muffins:
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup banana puree(about 1-2 bananas mashed)
1/2 cup oil(I used mostly applesauce with a touch of oil)
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Whisk together the dry ingredients. Add in the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Place in greased muffin tins and top with streusal topping. Bake for 15-17 mins until golden brown.

**These were really tasty and all the kids loved them. I did make them mini size, something about mini muffins causes kids to gobble them up! I didn't find the peanut butter flavor to be very strong so maybe next time I'll add more! I loved the sweet topping of the streusal!

No comments:

Post a Comment